Monday 25 May 2009

Artist of The Week - Gaynor Henaghan


The Artist of the Week on the Affordable British Art gallery is Gaynor Henaghan. Gaynor says: "Art is my passion, as well as my full time career. I was born, live and paint in sunny Yorkshire, UK.
I paint both contemporary and more traditional pieces, depending on the mood and what is influencing me at the time! My main inspiration is colour, light and structure, although ideas often come from the most unexpected places - from facial expressions to the spoken word... you'd be amazed!
I work a great deal with texture as it gives a whole new dimension to the artwork itself - capturing the visual aspect but also making you want to feel it - I love the fact that my work can be open to different interpretation by each person that views it - it can be endless, which is what I aim to achieve in my abstract work.
Click HERE to view more of Gaynor's original textured abstract work, and some of her figurative work on Affordable British Art

No comments:

Post a Comment