Sunday 26 April 2009

Artist of the Week - Trevor Ferguson

This week's Artist of the Week is Trevor Ferguson. Trevor says "I was born & brought up on the north east coast of England but now live in West Yorkshire. Having had a number of careers in the past – engineering draughtsman, bank official, school teacher and even some time in the military (Parachute Regiment) I am now able to indulge in my passion for painting which has now become my full time occupation – that and framing my own works and those of fellow artists.I work nowadays in Alkyd oil which I find suits my style – acrylics dry too quickly for me and regular oils don’t let me get on with a piece as quickly as I would like.I am fascinated by people – faces and postures. I create scenes and pictures by using a number of photographs for inspiration & reference – moving people around until I can compose a layout which tells a story and maybe with some humour and lots of new things to find at each viewing of the painting."
Click HERE to view Trevors work on Affordable British Art

No comments:

Post a Comment