Sunday 19 April 2009

Artist of the Week - Carol Dunne


This week we have a new Artist of the week - Carol Dunne. Carol says: " I am originally from Liverpool but I have lived in Stockport since 1986. I was a senior teacher in a local school but was very fortunate to be able to retire early. I am now a professional artist and have my own studio".
Carol has a permanent exhibition in The People's Gallery, 2 Melbourne St, Stalybridge, SK15 2JE - so if you are in the area, why not take the opportunity to see some of Carol's art.
Carol's work is very bright and colourful...it lifts the spirits to view it. There is a graphic quality to her work at times, which helps to add a contemporary twist to what is often a traditional subject matter. Just perfect for today's look.
You can view more of Carol Dunne on the Affordable British Art gallery

No comments:

Post a Comment