Sunday 4 December 2011

Artist of the Week - June Green

Artist of the Week - June Green
"Moonlight Forest" by June Green

This week we have had June Green as our Artist of the Week. June is a self taught artist and calligrapher. She worked as a professional calligrapher for five years alongside a wedding photographer before her children were born. Now that her children are grown up, she finds she has more time to devote to her main creative outlet of painting.
June says:
"My favourite art is Chinese brush painting, Japanese Sumi-e painting and last but not least, Trompe L'oeil. I try to incorporate a flavour of these styles into my paintings, working mainly in Acrylics as I find this medium to be so versatile. All my paintings feature my first name signed in Chinese, to symbolise my love of eastern art."
June also enjoys working with wax in encaustic painting.....such as the one picture above.



No comments:

Post a Comment