Friday 4 February 2011

Artist of the week - Trevor Ferguson

Artist of the Week - Trevor Ferguson
"Simply Red" by Trevor Ferguson

"Simply Red" is an unusual dramatic, romantic and atmospheric study of a female nude. It is painted in oils on a 20mm deep canvas panel. This is one of Trevor's latest nude studies. Trevor's aim is to achieve realism while at the same time creating a scene or picture which may or may not exist in real life. Many of his works are based on French life, portraits and the female form.
Trevor says: 
"My love of human faces prompts me to paint portraits – again using photographs – either supplied by clients or taken by myself I try to capture the character & personality of the sitter. 
I have learned a lot by studying the techniques of the old masters and in some ways by trying to emulate them – I feel I might be half way there – the old part anyway – not too sure about the master part though. My animal portraits are treated in the same way."

No comments:

Post a Comment