Saturday 12 February 2011

Artist of the Week - Audrey Greaves

Artist of the Week - Audrey Greaves
"Oban Sunset" by Audrey Greaves

This painting is of one of the many beautiful sunsets that Audrey saw while on holiday in Oban, Scotland. It is a view from Oban looking out to the sea and the Islands. Audrey is a self-taught artist living and working in West Yourkshire. Audrey says@
I enjoy painting landscapes, flowers, wild life, portraits, pet portraits, abstract and naive paintings. At the moment I am painting a few still life works in oils. My inspiration is found in the English landscape as well as scenes from abroad. I am also inspired by flowers in my own garden as well as parks and gardens that I visit and life in general. I paint in oils, acrylics, watercolour and mixed media."
Audrey's work has been hung in several exhibitions throughout Yorkshire and Lancashire over the last 17 years and also in various galleries. While exhibiting at the Ilkley Art Exhibitions in 1998, she was elected an Associate of the British Society of Painters. 

No comments:

Post a Comment