Sunday 20 September 2009

Artist of The Week - Michelle Gibbs


This week we have Michelle Gibbs as our Artist of the Week. Michelle says:
"Art is my life, and always has been. I have a GNVQ in advanced art and design, and a degree in Interior Design. Painting from a studio at home, I tend to be working on several projects simultaneously. Often returning to a piece trying something new and inspiring. Each design has something different and unique about it, making it a one off.
I have travelled the world, visiting inspiring places such as New York, Australia, Fiji, Thailand, Singapore, and New Zealand. Many of my inspirations are evident in my work. Colours mimic a time or a place.
From the blues and greens of the great barrier reef in Australia, to the orange and reds of the Fijian sunsets, travelling has brought vibrancy and energy into my work, through the unique combinations of colour and texture I am able to express my experiences and share them in a contemporary and abstract form. It is my aim to transform a space from a basic and simple room, into one filled with energy, inspiration, dedication and light"

No comments:

Post a Comment