Sunday 21 June 2009

Our new Artist of the week is Claire Losada.
Claire says about her art:
"I use my art as a vehicle to convey my emotional states and well being, through use of colour and application of chosen media. Vivid hues translate to give a representation of moods that enlighten the onlooker, where no explanation is necessary.

The paintings, of varying subject matter are set to convey messages through the very essence of their simplicity. The use of subdued ochre hues, appear unsettling purely through the use of colour but a sunset or a sunrise can depict a sense of harmony and serenity and an enviable state of emotion.

These paintings are intended to communicate and reach out to the onlooker, invoking a real emotion. At that moment they are influenced by the artwork, it is having an effect on their mood and state of mind. It is communicating with the onlooker by the very essence of its existence, borne from the emotions and mood of its creator.

The vehicle of paint has been used as a way of expressing myself and venting emotions experienced through the stresses of everyday life. Experiencing a roller coaster of emotions, I sought a vehicle for communicating and retaining my sanity that turned sometimes negative emotions, into something productive and positive.

Some of us have seen sanity, if only in a vision but for me, my vision is communicated through my work."

See more of Claire's art on Affordable British Art by clcicking HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment