Friday 8 July 2011

Artist of the Week - Audrey Greaves

Artist of the Week - Audrey Greaves

"Blackie & Tulips" by Audrey Greaves

Audrey Greaves is a professional Artist living and working in West Yorkshire. She began painting seriously in 1992 after joining an Art Club. Audrey enjoys painting landscapes, flowers, wild life, portraits, pet portraits, abstract and naive paintings. Audrey says:
"At the moment I am painting a few still lifes in oils. My inspiration is found in the English landscape as well as scenes from abroad. I am also inspired by flowers in my own garden as well as parks and gardens that I visit and life in general. I paint in oils, acrylics, watercolour and mixed media."

The painting shown is entitled "Blackie & Tulips" and is a painting of Audrey's own cat, Blackie, looking out the window as the world passes by.



No comments:

Post a Comment