Wednesday 18 May 2011

Artist of the Week - Angela Arnold

Artist of the Week - Angela Arnold

Showery Day, St Andrews by Angela Arnold

 Showery Day, St Andrews is a 'mood picture' by Angela Arnold. It depicts a small separate beach just south of the West Sands in St Andrews. Angela is a professional artist working from her studio on coastal Kinneff in Aberdeenshire. Angela will be participating in North east open Studios again this year. Details can be found on the NEOS website. (Google "NEOS").

Angela says:
"In my paintings I try to capture both stillness and motion (often linked with the emotion evoked) – and maybe these are not so much opposites as two sides of the same coin, seeking the core of the subject. I also produce vibrant abstracts and most recently I have been experimenting with stark bl/wh, rather minimalist, painting.
A lot of my work is done in acrylic on board, rather than on canvas, calling for a different kind of technique. I have developed a method of mounting board on an integral frame and the finished product looks like a box canvas, with painted sides, ready to hang - or to frame, if you wish. You will find my paintings work especially well in larger/modern rooms, with a bit of distance and space."


No comments:

Post a Comment