Monday 29 November 2010

Artist of the Week - Peter Williams

Peter Williams is our Artist of the Week, this week. Peter's work was recently shortlisted and selected for the prestigious David Shepherd Wildlife Artist Of The Year award 2010, with an exhibition in The mall Galleries in London. The exhibition was very well attended, and Peter's painting "High and Mighty" (shown here) was awarded second place in the category "Animals in Action).
Peter's work is becoming increasingly sought after and collectable. He works in various media, with his graphite drawings and watercolours being most popular.
Peter is an entirely self taught UK artist, working out of his studio on the Suffolk coast.
Peter says:
"In 2002 I took the life changing step of becoming a full time artist. I was the feature artist for Hertfordshire Life magazine before moving to the East coast of Suffolk in 2005.
I expected to make my living here from local landscapes and coastal scenes. However I soon realized I would be better off finding a more niche area of the art market. Having always had immense interest in the great outdoors, I decided to exploit my passion for the old West and Native America as well as Wildlife. I haven’t looked back since.
Creating haunting, ephemeral Native American portraits, not trying to be historically accurate but attempting to portray palpable and arresting emotions, suspending reality and presenting the viewer with the wild, unchecked passions and stoic serenity of Native America.
Producing stunning and highly detailed, photo-realistic graphite images of wildlife.
Blending diffused colour with confident composition, intricate detail, sometimes dramatic movement but always a unique vibrancy unequalled by many other watercolourists."



No comments:

Post a Comment