Thursday 28 October 2010

Artist of the Week - Diane Jennings

This week we have Diane Jennings as our Artist of the Week. Diane says: "I work in several different mediums including oil, acrylic and encaustic wax.
I love to paint bright, bold paintings to brighten any wall and I also paint quieter,calmer, more relaxing paintings too!
I am at my happiest when creating art,to see the painting develop before me is exciting each and every time!
To be creative is the very essence of who I am and it is my passion! I also teach people to paint in my very popular classes called 'Painting My Way'
I am a Professional Associate of the SAA (Society for All Artists) which means I carry their endorsement as a tutor and demonstrator.
I am also kept busy doing demonstrations for various art clubs and things like WI's too!Please get in touch for details."
The painting shown here is called "In the Breeze" and is A modern,contemporary painting of poppies and grasses. Bright and vibrant with lots of movement going on! The breeze on a hot summers day is gently moving the poppies among the foliage. Painted in acrylic -all the sides are painted and it has been varnished to protect it.

No comments:

Post a Comment