Tuesday 6 July 2010

Artist of the Week - Dani Bergson


Our Artist of the week, this week is Dani Bergson.
Dani Says: "I grew up in North london in the seventies. As a child I loved all the Arts and knew that eventually I would pursue a career either performing or painting. I was especially fond of drawing plants and animals and would spend many hours in my back garden sketching flowers and the family cats.

I started my formal training at Middlesex University in London where I completed a Foundation course in Art and Design. I then proceeded to The University of Central England in Birmingham to study for a degree in Printed Textiles.
I graduated with Honours in 1996 and moved to Bournemouth for my first professional job as a Textile Designer at Monkwell Fabrics. After gaining 2 years useful studio experience I landed a job with Osborne & Little in London designing wallpapers and upholstery fabrics. Working for such a well known and prestigious furnishing company was fantastic and I learnt how to express myself through colour, texture and pattern.
In 2000 I took the bold step of becoming a freelance artist and illustrator to pursue my first love, painting. Most of my artwork is commissioned for publication as greeting cards, though I have also illustrated children’s books, prints, posters, and wrapping paper. My original artwork has been displayed for sale in several galleries throughout the UK.
My relationship with Washington Green started in 2003 through their greeting card company. I have since designed three ranges of cards for them as well as several posters and Limited Edition Prints. I have sold numerous canvas originals and worked on bespoke pieces for individual clients.
I more recently designed a range of 12 paintings with end use as Calenders/Cards and books. I have had a few years out having children. My most recent pieces are highly decorative contemporary Indian inspired Elephants. I hope you enjoy my work and please contact me directly for more info or PRIVATE COMMISSIONS."

Click HERE to view more of my artwork on Affordable British Art

No comments:

Post a Comment