Wednesday 17 March 2010

Artist of the Week - Gaynor Henaghan

Well, after having a week of being unable to submita Blog entry, we are now back to operational status....I.T....dont you just love it.
Anyhow....every cloud has a silver lining, so they say....and this has meant that our Artist of the week, Gaynor Henaghan, gets to stay the AOW for another week as we were unable to do her Blog, Facebook or Twitter entries.
Gaynor works from her studio in Yorkshire. She says:
"Art is my passion, as well as my full time career. I was born, live and paint in sunny Yorkshire, UK.
I paint both contemporary and more traditional pieces, depending on the mood and what is influencing me at the time! My main inspiration is colour, light and structure, although ideas often come from the most unexpected places - from facial expressions to the spoken word... you'd be amazed!
I work a great deal with texture as it gives a whole new dimension to the artwork itself - capturing the visual aspect but also making you want to feel it - I love the fact that my work can be open to different interpretation by each person that views it - it can be endless, which is what I aim to achieve in my abstract work.
My art is regularly sold worldwide, including the USA, Canada, Europe, Japan, Malta, as well as a great deal of work which remains in the UK, with both private and commercial clients.
A large proportion of my work is commission based - please contact me if you would like more information about commissioning your own piece of art!"

Click HERE to see more of Gaynor's art on the Affordable British Art gallery


No comments:

Post a Comment