Monday 22 February 2010

Artist of the Week - Audrey Greaves


Our Artist of the week, this week, is Audrey Greaves. She began painting seriously in 1992 after joining an Art Club. Audrey enjoys painting landscapes, flowers, wild life, portraits and pet portraits. Recently, she has been doing abstract and naive paintings and producing original hand-made jewellery.

Audrey says: "My inspiration is found in the English landscape as well as scenes from abroad. I am also inspired by flowers in my own garden as well as parks and gardens that I visit. I paint in oils, acrylics, watercolour and mixed media.
My work has been hung in several exhibitions throughout Yorkshire and Lancashire over the last 17 years and also in galleries. While exhibiting at the Ilkley Art Exhibitions in 1998 I was elected an Associate of the British Society of Painters. I have done several successful portrait, pet portrait and landscape commissions from photographs and would be pleased to do more.
I am now designing and making jewellery which is also on my gallery. "

No comments:

Post a Comment